Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sunday morning checkpoints

Well, it was nothing the other night, just zoomers using the Elizabeth River like the helicopters of the U.S Navy & U.S. Coast Guard did before...

Went to church today. We were going to go to Saint Christopher's over in Churchland, but Sunday morning usually has more than its fair share of checkpoints set up. We didn't have time due to a late start; we walked to Trinity instead.

There were patrols along the road, and there was a checkpoint at Court and London, along with the semi-permanent, sand-bagged checkpoint a mere block away at Court and High. As we walked past, I checked out the defenses. Doesn't matter how many times the insurgents attack, it always comes back. I noticed there were new bomb craters down High Street, and the jihadists had put snipers on the roof of Trinity Church. The irony escapes most everyone, I think.

2 comments:

James Atticus Bowden said...

What year is it? I can help give you a story line to get there...

Again, I wrote about 2012 in 1990, but didn't get the book done and published until this year.

Check out www.rosettasixpointtwo.com
Rosetta 6.2 by James Atticus Bowden

Peter A. Stinson said...

James, I'm doing this in real time... my general supposition is that 2 years after the President's "Mission Accomplished" speech, there was some sort of invasion here...

At least, that's what I think. I'm sort'a winging it right now.

Suggestions?